This section has been designed as a single point to assist Aircraft Engineers and those involved with aircraft engineering by providing a detailed guidance to existing Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Licensing requirements. Comprehensive information on the implementation of MCAR-66, conversion of MAR D02 licences to MCAR-66 and details on the addition of type rating to an existing licence are given in the Guidance Documents. In addition please find the required forms and the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's Log Book.
It is recommended that you take a quick look at our FAQ or the Engineers Licensing Guidence Document (ELGD) before contacting us since they cover almost every aspect of licensing.
Aircraft Maintenance Training Schools
Maldives CAA accepts, for the purpose of issuing a Maldivian Aircraft Maintenance License, MCAR-147 aircraft maintenance courses conducted by a school approved by the Maldives CAA or Part-147 aircraft maintenance courses conducted by a school approved by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) or a National Aviation Authority of an EU Member State.
- CAD Form 19 - Application for Initial/Amendment/Renewal of MCAR-66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence (AML)
- CAD Form 19 E - Application for MCAR-66 written examinations
- CAD Form 1016 - Engineer logbook assessor application
- CAD Form 19V - Application for Validation of Foreign AME License
MCAR-66 Module 13 Exams
From the 18 of November 2021, MCAR- 66 Module 13 exam will be split into 2 shorter exams.
Questions – 100
Duration -125 minutes (2hrs 05m)
Questions – 80
Duration -100 minutes (1 hr 40m)
• A pass is required in both Module 13A and Module 13B to gain a full Module 13 pass.
• Each module will cover specific Syllabus areas and Topics.
• Part Modules can be booked separately and in any order.
• A full exam fee is payable for each part module.